Friday 4 April 2014

Disposing of the remains in Essex.

Conversation enjoyed by PDM and some others in Texas over the weekend.

Scene: Talking about how Texans like to deep fry an entire turkey for Thanksgiving.

Peter: I’d love to try that; I’ll try anything when I am abroad.
Texan: When you are a broad?
Peter: Oh yes.
Texan: Really?
Peter: Oh yes, I think you have so much freedom then, don’t you?
Texan: No!
Peter: You’ve never been abroad?
Texan: NO!!!!!
Peter: You should try it.
Texan merely scowled at me.

Silence descended upon our table until I went for a pee where, upon my return, the Texan advised me that dressing as a lady may be acceptable in the UK, but here in Texas it was likely to get me run out of town (Rockwell) and it would be best if I didn’t mention it to anyone else.


A very swift explanation of what the difference between abroad and a broad cleared matters up!

No comments: