Friday 4 April 2014

Virgin on the ridiculous.


As a long-term fan of Virgin, though not a fan of beardy as his genial staff loving buffoon routine is pure bullshit, I have to comment on their rail service.

How in the name of anything worth mentioning can one company get it so right (the airline) and yet so bloody wrong (the train service).

Yesterday I travelled by Virgin from London Euston to Birmingham New Street. Now I know it is not beardies fault but Pendolino trains make me feel sick.

What I object to is the totally, and I mean totally crap service on board.

First off I booked a first class quiet coach. It is not quiet in the slightest as the being quiet only applies to the fare paying passengers.

The staff and the train make beeping sounds and pointless bloody announcements all journey long. And I mean pointless. No useful information was shared at any time.

A lot of patronising bollocks was spouted forth, like remembering to take my wallet with me! Idiots. At each stop, the Hitler running the train announced, again over the tannoy, that he'd be checking everyone's tickets again, even though by the end of the journey I had my tickets checked once before boarding, three times on the train and one upon alighting!

The staff serving the food managed the hugely difficult task of making BA staff look good. They were rude, inarticulate and essentially saw me as a pain.

At one point Hitler informed us that were we to spot anything suspicious, we should tell the staff or the police. I saw a lot that was suspicious, like the quality of service, but alas it is clear nobody on the train gave a shit. 

Of course having suffered the nightmare of the journey up, I had to do it again going back.


Beardy, if you or one of your management team get to see this, have a trip on the HS1 service, now that is how to run a train!

No comments: