Friday 4 April 2014

Oh dear. I am very quick to point out, and to write down, the stupidity of others, this one is on me.


Background: The guvnor wants the staircase replaced so we are looking at spindles, they are the spindly things that go between the stairs and the handrail.

Hard to find, so I went to Wickes (it's got our name on it) and found an oak one, for a tenner!

Having got it home, I discovered it was the wrong size (there are sizes if spindles I hear you cry!), so I had to take it back. At this point the guvnor told me not to be a plank and buy £10 spindles when I could get them from Homebase for £3.

So upon arriving at the store with my £10 spindle, I walked straight to the Customer Service counter and placed the item on the counter:

Peter: I'd like to return this please.
Lady: I'm afraid I can't help you with that sir.
Peter: Spiffing, you are customer services right?
Lady: Yes sir.
Peter: Well I am really looking forward to the reason you can't take this back!
Lady: Well sir, we are Homebase and this is a Wickes product!
Peter: Ah ha, well spotted, I'll pop off to Wickes then shall I?
Lady: yes sir, have a nice day!


A senior moment methinks.

No comments: